August 11, 2008

EVERY Time

We are addicted to the Olympics. They record all day long and the tv is on all day long...in the bedroom and the living room, just to make sure I don't miss a thing. We have stayed up until after midnight every night watching...cheering...screaming and giving high fives. I get chills after every landing that is stuck, every spike that is blocked and I shed a happy little tear every time Phelps gets another world record and every time he is receiving his metal holding back his own tears. It's amazing what these athletes are capable of. I think a lot about when I was competing in college and how it felt to win...even if it was just a personal best. The feeling is undescribable. I take my hat off to the amazing athletes in Beijing. They rock and I love them all!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh me too, me too!

I started screaming GO GO when the last swimmer was going toward the wall to beat out France. I didn't care that the girls were asleep. AMAZING!

Ashley said...

How are you 2 doing? We are doing splendidly and are enjoying the olympics as well. We got rid of TV (just as a test to see if we could go without it-and survive) and it was bad timing. So we visit family a little more often than usual to keep up to date on the events.
Best wishes!!