October 18, 2008

a plant sale, a farm, great food and an anniversary

today is our 9 year anniversary! yay, it's awesome. we had a great day together! here's what went down. this morning we met steven's parents at quail gardens to look through the fall plant sale and had a lot of fun. we were there about an hour checking out all sorts of plants, including wormy farms...yuck. we poked our heads in the walled garden, where my sister got married..just for a little reminiscing. after the gardens we went to eat at one of our favorite sub places, sub palace. there we feasted on huge delicious sub sandwiches and chips! after lunch we went home to let the weens run and to take a saturday afternoon nap...it made the saturday complete! then..it was off to bates nut farm for some pumpkin hunting and snacking. we had such a fun time walking around the pumpkin fields (even thought they aren't "real" pumpkin fields..) after the perfect pumpkins were selected we headed to the little market they have and feasted on shaved ice and sweet corn. well, then i was hungry again! so what else is new these days :) we went to dinner with my parent's and had a fun time telling dating stories. my dad told the story about the first time he took my mom out. i seriously am so impressed that he remembered all the details. after 30 years of not telling the story, it was super cute to hear!

here is the loot from today...little plants from the plant sale, a mama pumpkin, a daddy pumpkin, a pumpky for baby T, hilary got green apple licorice twists and pistachios and steven got cashew coconut brittle and wasabi peanuts.

it was so great to spend the entire day together talking about the past 9 years...and the funny stories that happened in the 4 years before that. ahh, how time flies and what great memories we have...what a fabulous 9 years it has been!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

How cute are you guys! I love your baby T pumpkin.

I have never heard of sub place. Where is that?

Anonymous said...

You guys are too cute for words! I walked past Sub Palace on Saturday, and thought to myself, MAN, next time i'm hungry I want to come here! I love that place! Glad you had a good weekend. . Nates butt farm will do that I think!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hil! I've enjoyed looking at your blog lately. You are such the little Martha Stewart. I'm glad you're feeling a little better now...you druggie you. j/k :) Meliss