December 10, 2008

ROAD TRIP

My mom and I just got back from a FABULOUS visit to Salt Lake City. Here's what went down: 2 meals eaten at home. * All other meals were eaten out (Cafe Rio (twice), Paradise Deli, Over the Counter, Nielson's Frozen Custard (twice), Crown Burger, Asian Star, Rumbi's & Cinnagril were on the menu this trip.) * Excellent conversations with the Horman's!!!! * 4 games of Wizard and 1 game of Phase 10 (I won 1 game of Wizard and the game of Phase 10. It is fun when papa pretends to be a sore loser. I know he is proud!!) Making fudge with Grandma Janet.
Grandma's birthday dinner with the adults. It was SOOOO much fun to be at that dinner. Also, papa tried sushi for the first time...it was a classic moment! We went home and pigged out on cake and shared our favorite memories of grandma. What fun stories!
A MAJOR baby shopping spree at Old Navy. (I hadn't purchased ANYTHING for this baby girl. So, when we learned that all clearance items were an ADDITIONAL 30% off...I stocked up! We now have adorable clothing items for all the way up to 24 months. Tell me, how do you pass up shirts for $2.49? Yea, that's what I thought too.
A play - A Christmas Carol. There were 27 of us. It was a fun crowd! I love that the family tradition has carried on, and that there are so many family members who are so excited to go every year. It was a fun night. * A nice snow storm on our last day!! It was gorgeous and nice to be in some wintery weather in December. * Several bags of Snaps were consumed, along with Good & Plenty's, Candy necklaces, Cheez-Its, Hot Tamales and toffee from Golden Gate. * I got to meet several of the new additions to our family. Unfortunately, we did not get to see everyone, but it was fun to meet most of them! Thanks family for the fun and the SUPER fun baby gifts!! See ya'll in a few months! So, here we are at 21 weeks. This baby girl of mine is letting her presence be known! She has been karate chopping/kicking me for the past couple of days, and I LOVE IT! Steven has been able to feel it all too...and that is my favorite part thus far. I love that he gets to experience a little of it at least :) Today the doctor put the microphone on my belly and Madi kicked it twice in a row...it was so awesome!

3 comments:

sadie said...

glad you had a good trip. everyone said you looked great and that it was so fun to see you. i'll call you before we go for Christmas.
oooh, isn't shopping for a baby girl fun?!

Ashley said...

It was so good to see you but it felt so short. And I'm bummed that Annika was such a grumpy-pants. We will show the happy child on her blog so you can see how fun kids can be. he he

Love you guys!!

The 2 B's said...

I'm glad I was given a hard time about our blog, it kicked me into gear. We loved seeing you guys....P.s I love all the places you ate at while you were here. I thought that was so funny. Tell your hubby hi for us.