February 24, 2009

A Madison Update

We went today for our 32 week appointment. Steven came along since we were meeting with a dr. we haven't met before....I want him to recognize the face of the person who delivers this baby...so thanks for coming along for the ride!! I know it was the highlight of your day :)
The appointment went along as usual. Madi is measuring right on track, good strong heart beat, all the good stuff. Mom on the other hand is beat up! For real. I am bruised from the inside out. The way she is positioned...the way she has been probably majority of this pregnancy, is head down, feet up in my upper ribs on the left side. Yes, she moves, but since she is running out of room all kicks are going into one general area, and have been for about 2 months. I realize that this is normal. Babies grow and I can only grow so much. The hard part is that according to the doctor, I am feeling what a woman who is 36 weeks pregnant would normally feel...and I am only at 32.
Honestly, I am not surprised. I felt this little girl at 16 weeks...which is super early. I am just super in tune with my body...and I think that's a good thing, pain and all. So, basically, my body is acting like it's 8 months pregnant instead of 7. Most women can sleep at this point...ha! What's sleep. It's all excellent practice! This is like a fire drill :) AND IT IS ALL SOOO WORTH IT! We sometimes sit and watch my belly shake all around...and watch my belly button go in and out...that is pretty funny to watch!
We are nesting, and how fun it has been so far. Yep, I said we. Steven has been the biggest helper...doing little projects to get ready for this tiny girl. Her room is coming together...and it is stinkin' cute if I do say so myself! We are in the home stretch now. Counting down the weeks. CRAZY how fast it all goes. My baby shower is this Saturday...and I would be lying if I said I was less than super excited. I am so looking forward to a fun girly day with all my ladies!

These are some pillows my mom covered with fabric that matches Madi's quilt, bumper and valance. The quilt is done, but is still at my moms. I will post pictures of the completed room in the next couple weeks...once the finishing touches are done. (see the yellow in the background...we left the walls a neutral color and painted the window sill and the closet doors yellow...the room is seriously the cutest thing ever!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOh, how fun is it to check out your blog! It's been a while, so I got a full Thomas family update! Thank you. . .sounds likeyou've been having fun! I love the pillows, and can't wait to see Madison's nursery. Looking forward to this weekend!

lots of love, Kelly

Anonymous said...

P.S. You look FANTASTIC!

The Kobayashi's said...

Hilary!! I can't wait to see you on Saturday. I've been waiting for an updated photo. You look great!! I'm so excited for you guys!!!