January 23, 2010

our reality...it's nuts around here!

the pile of laundry in my garage is ridiculous. i mean, really....it is bigger than huge. but you know what, i'm ok with it right now. (sorry, mom...i know it's driving you a little bonkers.) the dishes sometimes sit in the sink...for a day, ok, or maybe 2. and i am ok with that too. steven and i usually spend at least a good hour on saturday morning straightening and cleaning...trying just to live in this chaotic mess the best we can. again, this is perfectly fine with me, for now. do you know why? i will tell you. because i don't try to do it all. i can't. i know i can't and i won't pretend to be 'super mom.' i know that steven works really hard all week, but, so do i. so, asking him to help me swiffer and fold a load of laundry doesn't make me feel at all inadequate. i love that he will pitch in and help with anything i need. i'm a lucky girl to have such a helpful husband, i know. but, that's part of what this marriage thing is all about, right? we both understand how hard each other work. everyday. and although we have different kinds of jobs, they are equally difficult. and we appreciate each other more for that. i am the best mom & wife i can be. even if that doesn't include staying on top of my very long to do list. life is too short i have learned. and even if it means we have no clean undies or towels, at least we are enjoying our crazy life together! (this is dedicated to a few people in particular who i know are struggling a bit with juggling the mommy thing...all i have to say is...keep up the hard work. you rock, pile of laundry or not!)

3 comments:

a king's life said...

me, my chunky baby, and his mountain of laundry, all thank you for your post :)

The Kennerly's said...

It's been a LONG time since I've checked your blog, and I've MISSED it! Your timing is perfect with this post, jsut yesterday I piled the MOUNTAIN (seriously) of laundry on our bed with every intention of folding it and putting it away yesterday. What happened? At bedtime I threw it all back into the basket and a pile on the floor. Oh well! You rock!

rae said...

You said it best! I struggled with this too, but I realized too just "live in the moment" and not stress or worry about the things that just are not so important, but rather focus on the real things that matter in life, PEOPLE, RELATIONSHIPS, YOURSELF. Good blog, I love it.