May 6, 2011

Being a mom.

Life as a mother continues to be a daily dose of learning compassion & patience, understanding better and seeing "the big picture" a little more clearly. I've learned and continue to learn to cherish and treasure the most simple of moments. A random hug from Miss Madi or a sloppy kiss from Bubba.
I didn't clean much today. Really. Maybe washed a bottle. One bottle.
Instead, I practiced shapes with Madi & played binky snatcher with Bubba. There are dishes in my sink, laundry in the hall and krispies on my floor. But, it's perfectly ok because we sang 'Hap Birday' at least 47 times today. We got to explore, create and play. Perfect Friday night, we went to the beach for dinner as a family and finished our night with books. Lots of books.
My time and energy revolve around my kids, not because it's the most convenient thing, but because I love them, and this is how I show them.
I wouldn't have it any other way.
But, if you'd like to volunteer your cleaning services, we will not protest.

No comments: