I was reminded how lucky i am to have met this woman. (The woman lying in the bed.)
This is Steven's grandmother, Grandma Meksupa, from Thailand.
In 2004, Steven's sister got married and we all went on a trip to Thailand.
Steven, myself and his mom and dad flew out while his sister
and newbie hubby joined us a little later.
The night we arrived we had dinner with his grandmother and aunt at the home where his mom was raised and the home he visited every single summer while growing up.
The next day his grandma had a stroke.
She was never the same.
How lucky am I to have met his grandma? Who lives literally acrossed the world.
Yea. That lucky.
I am so thankful to have our families close by. (A mile for each.)
Our children get to grow up knowing, really knowing, their grandparents.
So lucky.
(In this picture, Sandra & Carlos are receiving a blessing from Grandma Meksupa. Even though this picture is not the best, it's really special, to them especially. Such a great moment.)

No comments:
Post a Comment