June 25, 2009

Gotta love a new one

So, along with my crock-pot challenge (use it once a week...) I am also trying a new recipe, once a week. This week I actually tried 2, but will probably only make one of them again. Here it is...it was waaaaay yummy.
Yummy tomato cream pasta
3/4 lb penne pasta
1 T. butter
1 T. olive oil
1 small onion diced
2 cloves garlic (I didn't use but like 3 tiny diced pieces of garlic...Madi is soooo not a fan of the stuff.)
1/2 cup white wine (I used chicken broth)
1 8oz can tomato sauce (I used about 3/4 of a 15 oz. can...made it more saucey!)
1 cup heavy cream (I used half & half cause it's what I had)
Fresh parsley
Fresh Basil
Salt & Pepper
Cook pasta according to pasta directions. Heat in large skillet oil & butter. Add onion & garlic. Let sautee until onion is tender. Add wine. Let wine evaporate. (I used chicken broth.) Add tomato sauce...then add cream. Salt & Pepper to taste. Turn heat to low & simmer. Add chopped herbs. Add pasta. Throw a little parm on top, why not!! Serve while piping hot.
The original recipe calls for shrimp, which I cannot eat. If I'd had some chicken thawed I would have added some diced chicken. But, it was delicious plain. Make it, you'll love it. Promise!

No comments: