June 6, 2009

we remember

last christmas steven and i got this flag from steven's dad who received it when he retired. his sister's family got the flag that belonged to their grandfather. it has been in the top of the closet in the office, and then today i saw an interview that made me pull it out for the weekend. today is the 65th anniversary of d-day. while steven went out to pick up breakfast i listened to a man's story and it brought me to tears. it made me remember, and it made me very thankful.
i'd like to find a place in our house to display it year round...maybe that will be my goal this week!

1 comment:

The Edwards Family said...

I have my grandfather's flag that was placed on his casket and I treasure it. It sits on my mantel and I have a picture of him when he was younger in his uniform. I want to get it printed and framed and have it sit next to the flag.