May 29, 2009

Dairy Free

We think Madi may be a little lactose intolerant...so, I am cutting back on my dairy intake...actually, I have totally cut it out of my diet.
DUH, it is so hard...and it's only been 1 day!
What do I eat for breakfast?
CHEESE eggs (Steven's weekend specialty)
Instant Breakfast
Cereal
What do I usually eat for lunch?
Quesadillas
Mac & Cheese
Grilled Cheese
What are my favorite snacks?
Frozen Yogurt
String Cheese
I cook with a lot of cheese and almost everything that doesn't have dairy in it gets sprinkled with cheese and smothered with sour cream!
Hopefully, this will help our little Madi though. We are not concerned that she isn't getting the nutrients she needs...HELLO...she is 6 weeks and 12 pounds, I love our little chunker! But, she really fusses when pooping...and those eyes she gives...I wish I could just poop for her!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Poor thing. I thought Timothy had the same thing and I realized that breads and dairy are my main foods. Turns out he's just gassy and my milk flow is just super fast. Well, good luck!! You can do it!

sadie said...

vanilla soy milk is great on cereal. you should ask rach. she doesn't eat dairy the whole year she breast feeds. call her up. i know she has a lot of recipes and ideas.