March 17, 2010
should i return it?
folks, i realize that i will be very pregnant during the heat of the summer.
we don't plan our pregnancies based on the season and weather. (although, we know some who do...) i cannot tell you how many times we have heard it...in the past 3 months...i'm not whining about it. i have no choice!
so, yes, i will suffer through the heat with a huge belly (make that huge body.)
what are my options?
should i return the baby?
too late. and no, that's not even an option.
really people...can't you think of something a little more creative...or supportive to say to us when you hear that the baby is due late aug/early september?
come on. (sorry, if you were one of the people that said that to me...but, SERIOUSLY!)
so, for future reference...the hormonal pregnant girl would like to hear something different. you can work on it.
throw me a fricken' bone!
Posted by
The Thomas Kidlets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Preach on sister!... If I might add, let's lose the dramatic stories of painful childbirth and comments about all of the discomforts/complications a pregnant lady may (or may not) face... mmmk?
Our bodies are designed to manage all of this. We are strong women and a supportive attitude form others goes a long way.
Ok... stepping down from my soap box.
jen, i couldn't agree more. how about a simple..
'CONGRATULATIONS!! WHAT AN AMAZING JOURNEY YOU ARE ABOUT TO BEGIN...OR GO THROUGH AGAIN.'
or this one is even easier...
'I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU BOTH!'
especially from friends...come one!
i like your soap box!
Oh my goodness. How ridiculous! It took me a while to figure out what you were trying to say. It didn't register in my mind that people would decide to have a baby based on the seasons. Especially in southern California people!!!!
I think people just like to see things as not so pretty. Even with the best of intentions.
You're going to rock it. Madi and Logan don't know what love they are in for!
Ice Cream always helps make things better.
Hilary- yes! exactly... that is what you will hear from me!
Oh man Hilary! Ill be quite honest, the weather didnt even enter into my thoughts when I read you were expecting then. I will say, however, I had Luke on August 28, and Becca on Sept 8 ... so clearly ... I dont think about the weather! I dont really remember getting comments like that though! I do remember thinking, Great--I'll be preg-0 during the hot summer months so i have an excuse to eat gallons of ice cream! Seriously! Yum!
Post a Comment