February 22, 2008
Some Discoveries
As you "grow up" you really learn who your true friends are. The one's you want to be around, learn from, cry & laugh with. Even if they are few and far between, you know who the real one's are.
An early am swim has become my self therapy session. It is my time to reflect...there is always so much to think about, all of the time. I have found that the combination of thinking and kicking until I can't feel my butt at 7am helps me start the day with a positive attitude, ready for whatever may happen the rest of the day. The feeling of exhaustion is awesome because I can be proud of my 45 minute kick ass session with myself.
I have discovered that I do not care how many comments I get on my blog. At first I was like, I KNOW WHO CHECKS THIS AND DOESN'T LEAVE A COMMENT, but so far, I can count at least 2 dozen people that I know check it frequently. It has become quite the conversation starter, I love it! Although I have nothing valuable to say, it is fun for me and I really enjoy it. I am glad that many of you are obsessed with the weens, my blankets and have become germaphobes because of my tiny blog. That makes me happy. No comment necessary, they are nice but not a big deal to me. Thanks so much for being regular visitors, you all know who you are.
Men tend to get better with age. Despite constantly growing noses and the hairs that appear everywhere and everywhere they shouldn't be, men age well. Don't get me wrong, I know my man isn't "old" but as every day, week and year passes he becomes a better man and husband. That is obviously what we strive to do, be better, but to know people like Steven and my dad who are successful at this gives me hope for men. Thanks to 2 great men in my life, Steven and dad, I love you both! (P.S. Dad you aren't "old" yet either, I am not sure you will ever get old!!)
Posted by
The Thomas Kidlets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I get the same start to the day from my early dawn surfs. Love you, Hilary
Dad
I got stuck at the 7 am swim session, and had to re-read that. Wow!
And your blankets? What is that about? The girls love their blankets. Actually I call them the miracle blankets because they stop crying (almost always) when I wrap them in the blanket (and not other blankets mind you!) bi
Post a Comment