March 24, 2009
36 Weeks
DUDE...I looked at my baby counter on my blog and it says 28 days! Last time I actually looked at it it said 199...GEEZ, time flies! It definitely puts into perspective how close we actually are.
We went in today for our 36 week appointment. Saw the same doctor as last time...she is not my favorite, but it's not like I get to choose who is on call the day I deliver. She was quick and to the point, but did take the time to answer some questions that Steven had. I am happy he is participating and shows his concern.
We listened to the heart beat, strong little girl we have here. Then she checked me...50% effaced. Good news! At least something is happening. I told her that I thought Madi's head was already really low and she is banging to get out...and when she checked that's the first thing she said..."her head is right there." Best way to describe it...I feel like I am carrying a bowling ball between my legs. And my muscles are just so sore and tight from keeping it from falling! Seriously, I woke up this morning and felt like I had already delivered her.
I have been working on a fun little project. I am making ABC blocks. I will post a picture when they are finished. They are turning out so cute. Since my cleaning is all done, I am trying to relax, stay off my feet as much as I can because I think my calves and ankles are going to burst from getting so swollen throughout the day. (Steven never fails to comment on how swollen they are. Surprise, surprise.) And honestly, I can't believe how much water we retain. I'm just blowing up! And I swear it happens over night. One morning about a week ago I woke up and felt and looked like I had gained 10 pounds...HA! I probably had. It really is a good thing that Girl Scout cookies didn't come out until March...otherwise, I would be 20 pounds heavier...no joke! But oh, those Lemon Chalets and frozen Thin Mints are SOOO worth it!
Posted by
The Thomas Kidlets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You poor thing! I'm glad she's eager to come out and meet us all! Good for you for eating those girl scout cookies, you deserve it after the months of being sick.
Sounds like she is getting ready to make an appearance soon!! Okay so after 3 relatively easy births all over 7 1/2 lbs....I will pass on the one thing I learned which no one ever really explains enough. It will hurt yes we all know that but only to a point the problem is it just keeps coming faster and faster so you literally have to ride the wave. The magic key is RELAXATION which can be hard because by nature we want to fight the pain. But I promise you if you can send your mind off to that happy place with each pain and relax your entire body she will come out in no time. Also epidurals are great the only problem is they kill the urge to push (I learned that with the 1st baby 2 hours of pushing and then they had to use forceps) which you really need. I didn't have one with the next two and #2 - 2 pushes, #3 - 3 pushes. When I did the relaxation thing with my last two I actually could feel my cervix dilating...it was weird and stung a bit. But I went from like 3 to pushing in less than 2 hours. Just keep telling yourself to RELAX. You will do GREAT!!! Keep us posted....luv ya...
I'm not quite there yet, but I remember the exploding legs and feet. I couldn't even wear my wedding ring the last 3 weeks. Remember it will all go away and you'll have the best gift EVER!!!
Post a Comment