March 22, 2009

when nesting meets spring cleaning

seriously, the nesting bug has attacked me. HARD. (yep, that's me, big as an elephant!!) almost every piece of laundry we own is clean. from sheets, dog bedding, baby clothes, our clothes, dish towels...you name it, it's been washed and put away. if you had seen the pile of dirty stuff that has been in my garage for the past 7 months you would understand. all that's left are some clothes, mostly mine, that don't fit and are waaaay pre-pregnancy clothes. i am lacking the motivation to wash any of that stuff just yet.
both bathrooms have been scrubbed. the kitchen has been totally cleaned and sanitized. the kitched pantry has been cleaned out and re-organized. the carpet has been vacuumed. the tile has been swept and swiffered (just needs a quick once over...i'm waiting for the grass to dry before i tackle that task.) all dust bunnies have been removed from every square inch of this house. the living room has been dusted and re-organized.
our room is clean and totally de-cluttered. madi's room is spotless. the poochies have been bathed. my sewing corner in the dining room is organized and everything is put away. the only room that needs help is the office. and that door remains shut, so i don't care so much. however, i am sure i will organize it this week. i just can't sit. i have been doing most of the laundry at night...between 7 and 11. i can't sleep anyway, so i might as well get something done!
it was the highlight of steven's day today, to help me clean. but hey, now our spring cleaning is done and it feels so GREAT!!
steven thinks i am a crazy woman. and, he is right. but at least i get to blame it on the fact that i'm about to squeeze out a baby! our hospital bag is packed and ready to go. the diaper bag (which is adorable if you haven't seen it) is packed and ready to go as well. i feel so accomplished, and as prepared as i know i can be!!
we have a dr.'s appointment on tuesday evening. so, check back for an update :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

How exciting! Great job momma cleaning. I would say that yes you are a bit crazy as well. However, this way one she is here you will not feel as bad :) Only a few more weeks to go!

Ashley said...

I am sure you did a fabulous job cleaning. I LOVE nesting! It's the only time in my life I actually enjoy cleaning/organizing. Hopefully I only have one more week of bed rest then I can tackle all the hard jobs. Brianne has been cleaning weekly for us-god bless her-so it's just the deep stuff that needs to be done. I am so excited!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, can't wait to hear how the doctor says Madi is doing! I can't wait for the nesting to hit my house, it could sure use it!