I am overcomming my addiction...to bags. (I don't call them purses only because I carry so much junk with me everywhere I go. Purses are small and dainty..I am not a very dainty girl.)I am not an accessory girl. I don't have a lot of bling...and I don't want it. Not big into earrings, or crazy necklaces or bracelets...I am SO not the fashionable type...I go for comfort all the way.
I LOVE bags. Bags of all kinds. (But they have to be bigger than smaller) Now, here is my rationalization. I do not buy expensive bags. I buy billabong, roxy, o'neill, anything surfy or canvas or fun...none of this Coach stuff for me. I would rather by 20 bags than just one. After falling in love with a Lucky bag...FOR 208 BUCKS...I had to find something else because I am not mental enough to spend that much. The picture above is my latest find...for less than $40 my serious bag craving was filled and I am so happy!
My bag is my accessory. It just doesn't feel right to go anywhere without it, I feel naked. It's a comfort thing, I guess. In light of my recent addiction to purse shopping, I was remembering when I didn't even have a wallet. Instead, I had a huge Speedo bag with dollar bills shoved in every pocket. Man, times have changed. (I have now upgraded to a new speedo bag free of moldy dollar bills!!)
My goal is to go several months without buying a bag. I am always up for a challenge, and this is a challenge indeed. A 'normal' person would probably say, I am going to go a whole year without a purchase...I am going to be reasonable and say 5 months...and even that is a stretch. I'm gonna do it. Just watch me. I will post a picture of my new August bag, when August rolls around. Right now it seems very far away.
Steven, this one's for you.
3 comments:
I believe in you. That and I know you have purchased like 10 bags in the past 2 months, so you have a lot of bags to use until you cave in.
Thanks for the support and the exaggeration, husband :)
Maybe, MAYBE, I bought 3 in 2 months...please remember that I did have a birthday and our sweet niece gave me a new bag.
HAHA. Rob should read this post. He thinks that I should not buy a bag (purse) until the one I have does not work. Therefore he makes me throw it away to get a new one!
You should see the expensive diaper bags out there! Yikes!
I believe in you...August will be here soon!
Post a Comment