March 23, 2008

What a great weekend. . . a MOVIE weekend!

I love 3 day weekends.
The sun was out and the yard was perfect. The weens entertained themselves in the pool for hours and we were able to plant some flowers and clean the house. Here are some pics of the dirt before and the dirt with color after.


When we weren't outside, or napping, we were watching movies. It was a weekend full of sleeping in and staying up WAY past my bed time. Here's the weekend movie list.
August Rush (GREAT MOVIE!! The 2nd song on my playlist gives me chills...it's from the soundtrack.
The little girl has an amazing BIG voice.)
Enchanted (so cute)
The Sound of Music (It was on tv and I watched this alone while Steven was out)
Mean Girls (stupid movie...but it's on tv ALL of the time, I had never seen the whole thing, now I know why)
Dan in Real Life (excellent film...I highly recommend it!)
Bridge to Tarabithia (I watched this alone while Steven was asleep, it's too sad for him)
The Bee Movie (not a big fan...sort of disappointed actually.)
BIG (I could watch this everyday)
The Wedding Date
An American in Paris (I have been really liking old movies on TCM lately)
The Princess Diaries
In Her Shoes (love this movie, the book is even better)

I know, it seems like I didn't do anything. But actually, I did 8 loads of laundry, put away 8 loads of laundry, made homemade ice cream sandwiches, finished 1 blanket and got almost 1/2 way done with another one, SCRUBBED my kitchen spotless, almost sliced my finger off chopping Steven's stupid onions, went to the Thomas' for Easter lunch, played with the weens, and still had time to turn my brain into mush. Happy Easter to all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think one of the best parts of the weekend was sitting under the shade of the umbrella watching Bentley retrieve his toy from the pool, coming back soaking wet with water in his ears, but strutting proud every time he got it.

Kelly said...

Happy Easter!

Wow...I think you have me beat! That is quite the list of movies! I love weekends like that where I am able to get things done, yet still enjoy a good movie.

Oh, come on over any day!

emily said...

Hilary! Its (waterpolo)emily.. how are you!?

Anonymous said...

Your weekend sounds pretty damn awesome! I'm glad you had a good one. . . see you soon!

Cappyfam said...

That sounds like the perfect 3-day weekend!!! Love it!