December 19, 2007
The Gift of Giving - Barratt American
During the Wild Fires in October, a co-worker of mine lost his home. He has 4 teenage daughters. They have been living out of a 19' trailer on a friends lot for the past 2 months. Barratt, where I work, adopted his family for Christmas this year (we adopt a family every year.) We were able to raise $3,000. We bought stocking stuffers and gift cards galore for Rod and his beautiful family. He came in the office today, for a "meeting," and we surprised him with all of the gifts to take home! He had good news. They are hoping to close escrow on a home tomorrow, I hope it happens for them. Anyways, he came around the corner to the Christmas tree in the lobby and SURPRISE! It was the best feeling. I was part of the committee and what a humbling feeling it is. There were tears of happiness, not from him but from all of us!! We gave them some cameras so they could take pictures of their Christmas morning.
I cannot even imagine what it must feel like to lose everything I own. The strength of his family has gotten him through this tough time. You never know how much you need your family until they are all you have. We are blessed to be happy and healthy! Especially at Christmas, remember those who are less fortunate and remember to give, any way you can!
Giving truly is the best gift!!
Posted by
The Thomas Kidlets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment