December 16, 2007

The Magic of Disney

Steven and I spent Saturday at Disneyland and what a great day it was! Our best visit yet I think! We didn't go last year so there was a lot to see. We only go to Disneyland at Christmas, because I LOVE Disneyland at Christmas. No matter how large the crowd, it's always worth it.


I love the magic of Disney. Even more, I love how Disney is magical to a soon to be 27 year old. I love the look on children's faces when the characters come out for hugs and pictures. Most of all, I love that they want children to believe. This message stood out more this year than ever. BELIEVE. I love this word. I have a new Christmas decoration that says believe. I think I like this word so much because it means so many things. This Disneyland trip was extra special, not sure why. But, it meant a lot to spend the day with my hubby!


Disney is always coming up with new things to add to the park. This year...it snowed on Main Street! There are blowers on the tops of the shops on Main Street. Music starts and it starts to snow. The pedestrian traffic stops, completely and everyone looked up as the "snow" fell on their faces. I got chills it was so fun.




At sunset, the band did a tribute to the troops in Iraq. This was done at the flag pole, next to the Christmas tree. After the tribute, which was so fun to see, they lit the huge Disneyland Christmas tree. We were waiting for the train, so we had a perfect view of everything.

We go to Disneyland for me, Steven is so nice for putting up with my Disney obsession. So, we get to do whatever I want. Rides that are a must are Indiana Jones (we always go on this one twice,) The Haunted Mansion, all decorated for Nightmare Before Christmas, and Pirates. This year we also went ona new ride, Buzz Light Year. It was pretty cute! I cheated and took a picture on the ride :)


FANTASMIC and FIREWORKS! Fantasmic is the show they do on the river at night. It's a battle between good and evil and it is SO fun, b/c Mickey wins in the end! The music is fun too. I think I know the song by now. The fireworks show this year was amazing. Steven and I both agree that it was the best fireworks show we have ever seen, anywhere. There were some new fireworks that we have never seen...so cool! The woman behind us said O My Gosh about 35 times in 5 minutes. There is nothing better than ending a great trip to Disneyland with a fireworks show to music. HAPPY CHRISTMAS! Thank you Steven for a perfect day :)

2 comments:

sadie said...

jealous!! that's all i can say

Kelly said...

How cute are you! I love Disneyland at Christmas time too! Its just magical. Rob doesn't really "get it" but I love it! I can't wait to go next year with the girls and watch their face!