January 31, 2008

BEST birthday...so far!

Seriously, I had the best day.
7:00am - Went swimming (I was pooped!)
8:15am - Crawled in bed with a wet head to cuddle with the weens...tried to get warm...was unsuccessful.
9:30am - Steven brought me breakfast in bed from one of our favorite breakfast places.
10:00am - 20 minute power nap
And then we were off!

We hadn't been to the Wild Animal Park in a few years, so much has changed!

Here we are...in AFRICA...sort of.

There were 3 baby elephants!

The giraffes were so pretty...one super old wrinkly one was having a nice lunch!

Umm...are we allowed to go down this path?

Look at this lion! He came right up the the window...HUGE and only a year and a half.

G-O-R-I-L-L-A

Just gross.

After a delicious dinner at Leucadia Pizzeria, my family went to see Corteo in Del Mar. I LOVE Cirque Du Soleil. I am amazed every time we go!

Kris and Melina and Lorraine (no pic, sorry) decorated my cube at work! When I got here this morning, everything was turned upside down, pink streamers were everywhere and all of my orange straws and "sold" buttons were spread out all over my desk. They had printed a bunch of weenie dog pictures and put them all over...the elvis one is just too dang cute! AND, Rae made yummy breakfast...bananas and strawberries with chocolate fondue...mmmm!

Thanks girlies for making this day so special! (Even when I am back at work!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday hilary. how the "hil" are ya? i thought about you yesterday and i'm sorry i didn't call. i need too. we need to catch up. i am excited to see you guys this summer for another wedding. sounds like all is well and you are happy. way to go. miss you, love you. happy happy.
xoxo