January 29, 2008

Mindless Junk That's Fun To Read

I bought a book the other day at lunch. A random find. It's called Do Fish Drink Water? It's just a bunch of fun and completely random stuff. I read it for a while when I got back to work to lighten my day...it totally worked!

Why do they drive on the left hand side of the road in England? -- During the middle ages this was done for protection. If a stranger was coming from the opposite direction or was passing you, it was important to keep your sword handy in your right hand in case the stranger turned out to be an enemy.

There are 21 M&M colors, including all holiday colors.

Seahorses are monogamous and stay with one partner for their entire lives.

It takes about 1,500 gallons of water to produce a fast food meal (burger, fries and a drink.) This includes the water to grow the potatoes and the grain used to make the bun and feed the cattle.

There are over 61,000 pizzerias in the US.

In 1929 the average US citizen earned $750 per year. (Henry Ford earned $14 million that year.)

The volume of water on earth is the same as it was 3 billion years ago.

Hippopotamus is a Greek work meaning "river horse." (By the way...hippos are my favorite, besides cows....I will take a picture of the hippos at the Wild Animal Park tomorrow!)

No comments: