January 3, 2008

My Hubs

I have seen this a few times and thought I would chat about my hubby for a bit. It's always fun to talk about him!

What is his name? Steven Charles Thomas...the man with 3 first names.

How long have you been together? A little over 8 years

How long did you date? FOREVER!! Haha, got engaged at 6 years married at 7.

How old is he? 28

Who eats more? Hands down, him

Who said I love you first? Yea, that would be me :) Shortly followed by him.

Who sings better? I cannot sing. I think I used to be able to sing...b/c I totally tried out for a big time choir...unless everyone was lying to my face. I sing when I am alone in my car, I totally rock out. Steven is a great singer though!

Who is smarter? Book smart, Steven. Everyday smart, Me

Whose temper is worse? Mine!

Who does the laundry? I do, but he is a great helper!

Who does the dishes? Steven does the dishes about 97% of the time. Our agreement is that whoever cooks doesn't have to do the dishes. He never cooks, but I do the dishes every once and a while to give the guy a break!

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Looking at the bed, Steven. In the bed, me. Strangely he has always been on the side closest to the door. Not that it would matter if the boogie man came, he sleeps like a rock! I hear the ants outside walking around, I swear. Plus, I can only fall asleep laying on my right side, and I don't want him snoring in my face!

Who pays the bills? I do, I do

Who mows the lawn? Steven loves to be in charge of the lawn and the weeds and all that good stuff. I help, but he has it all under control.

Who cooks dinner? Steven used to make potstickers...he was the only one that knew how. Then he taught me. It was so nice to have a meal cooked for me...but then I learned how, and he hasn't made me dinner in probably 4 years. He is an excellent helper though. He's a great helper at everything.

Who drives when you are together? Usually him, but in my car. My car is more comfy than his truck..and he never has any gas.

Who is more stubborn? Me, I admit it! But he definetely has his moments.

Who is the first to admit when they're wrong? I think we are pretty even on this one.

Who's parents do you see more? Used to be mine, but now I have to say his. But, we see mine for longer periods of time. His family visits are usually pretty short.

Who kissed who first? I kissed him on the cheek when I was still in high school, yea, he loves that story...but once we started dating, he did. I love thinking about all of this.

Who asked who out? He asked me after 4 years of pursuit and denial :)

Who proposed? He did, it's a cute story, just like I am sure everyone's is! I feel bad though because I was sick and in the worst mood. Ok, I will tell you a little of the story. We went for hot chocolate at our favorite place. We saw an old teammate. She asked, are you married yet. I blurted out NO. 15 minutes later we were on a walk at "our" beach and he proposed. I am such a bitch.

Who is more sensitive? Me, but once again he has is moments. He has been more in tune lately with me b/c of my headaches and everything which is very nice :)

Who has more friends? He has more close friends. I think I chat with more people and have more friends not near by. This is totally ok with me though, not sure why, but it is.

Who has more siblings? We each have 1 sister.

Who wears the pants in the family? We all know that I do, but he is growing into his very nicely! I'm very proud of him! Love ya Steven!!

I'm adding a question. What do you love most about him? I love his young personality. I love that he is more grounded than me, we balance eachother out very well I think. I love that he can always make me laugh (and he can always make my sister laugh...that is huge.) I love that we were great friends before we dated...maybe he had a 7 year plan all along. What a smart cookie! And..he is hot!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What a great hubby you have! That was fun reading. I laughed out loud at a lot of it especially the proposal part. Oh, and good job wearing the pants Hilary! ( I mean Steven...ya...Steven).

darryl. said...

First, I am going to call him charles now. Second, it will be charles horman. And last...i'm just kidding. how can i ever change it from steven horman? =) j/k. All these posts make me miss you guys so much.