I'm happy to report that I am on my 7th day with no sugar. I actually am doing fine. Steven and I were given several See's candy boxes over the holidays and I have not been tempted. I even cut them all in half today for my family...maybe the smell was enough to calm a craving.I have decided I don't miss candy I just missed baked stuff...more than that I miss baking stuff. A few times this weekend I felt the need to bake something (I bake a lot on the weekends.) But, I resisted the urge because I knew if I had, I would want to eat the final result.
I am looking forward to my shared birthday cake with my mom in a couple of weeks and then back to no sugar for the rest of the month. Once February comes around, my kitchen aid mixer and my oven will be happy to be used again and my tummy will be full of cookie dough and cherry chip cupcakes (within moderation of course.) My sugar cravings were bad for the past 6 months. I felt like everytime we ate dinner we needed dessert. Homemade smoothies have cured the everyday cravings...tons of natural sugars involved, but those SO do not count. I wanted pancakes SOOO badly the other morning, and my dad said, what are you going to eat on them? Yea, the bisquick was back in the cupboard fairly quickly (I eat butter and sugar on my panny cakes!!) Oh, now I want to sing Mu's song :)
Do you prefer cookie dough or the baked cookie? Me...I could eat an entire batch of chocolate chip cookie dough by myself, no joke! A few weeks ago, I made some just because I had the craving for raw dough. I baked Steven a few and stuck the rest of the dough balls in the freezer for later enjoyment. If I were to give in on my no sugar thing, that is where I would go...straight for the cookie dough in the freezer!!
5 comments:
poor steven. hehe : )
ew, cherry chip cupcakes are NOT good. Baby, we need to work on that.
i am quite aware of the cherry chip mix. and all i can say is Nasty! (but i don't like cherry anything, real or fake flavored. gives me the heavies)
now a berry tart is something i can wrap my lips around. have you ever had the berry crostada at olive garden? they don't carry it at mine anymore, but it was heavenly.
good to hear you are rockin your resolution!
Post a Comment