January 5, 2008

Dirty, Dirty Germs!

Someone at work recently posted some information about the dirtiest places in an office. Below are the dirtiest things in your house.
  1. Carpets/Floor
  2. Computer Keyboard
  3. Bedroom Mattress (what can you do about this though without sleeping on a crunch plastic cover??)
  4. Toilet Brush (dispossable brushes are the bomb and they smell good!)
  5. Cutting Boards (Trader Joes and some other places have thin ones that you can use a dozen times and throw away...they are awesome!!)
  6. Counter Tops & Faucets
  7. Kitchen Sink
  8. Door Knobs (think of all the people that DON'T wash their hands...the knobs have to be SO nasty!!)
  9. Family Hand Sanitizer Bottle (ironic, but it makes so much sense. I would guess the soap bottle is really germy too.)
  10. Kitchen sponges/Dish rags (and you thought you were cleaning your dishes!!)

At luch yesterday a group of us were talking about people that we know don't wash their hands after using the restroom...information I would never really want to know about someone. We all could name a few people we know don't. SO GROSS PEOPLE...you all need help...and you know who you are.

So, fellow bloggers, since the kepboard is #2 on the list, I highly suggest cleaning it frequently. I read that you can clean the surface of your keyboard with isopropyl alcohol and a cotton ball. After learning that a computer keyboard and mouse at work contain more germs than a toilet seat, I clean mine every other day!

No comments: