April 24, 2009
I'm a needle junkie
Today I had my second session of acupuncture. I went in this past Tuesday for a consultation and the first treatment. About 20 needles were placed on my arms, legs, feet and left side of my face. After the needles are gently stuck in, they are pressed in to various depths of the skin. We asked how far in the ones in my face were going...anywhere from a half an inch to an inch and a half deep! DUH! Nope, it does not hurt. A few on my face feel similar to a Novocaine shot at the dentist..just a little pressure and that's it.
Once the needles in my face are in place, some of them are connected to a machine that sends pulsing energy into the needles and into my face. I was on the table for 25 minutes or so and then out come the needles. I fell asleep!
Yesterday I noticed that it was easier to talk and that my left eye brow is starting to move a tad. I am looking forward to seeing what the results from today's second session will be. He turned the machine up a little stronger this time....so, in a few days hopefully there will be more improvement.
I go back twice next week. Wish my face luck on it's full recovery!
Posted by
The Thomas Kidlets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is amazing. You are brave-I can't handle the needle thing at all. I hope it works quickly for you. It was great talking to you the other night and I hope baby is still letting you sleep a ton.
Love ya-Ash
Post a Comment