April 4, 2009

Always an adventure

I have pregnancy related Bells Palsy. WHAT!
Yea. The left side of my face isn't working. Seriously. My left eye won't blink unless I really tell it to and my smile is crooked. The muscles are just not working.
After spending several hours in the hospital on Friday night and then again this afternoon...I am on bed rest...so not what I had in mind.
I could go into all the details about what has happened the past 2 days...but let's just say it's been interesting. I guess that's what I get for having a reasonably problem free pregnancy...it's all caught up to me now!! GEESH!
We are now well educated on where to go in the hospital and have met several of the labor and delivery staff members. We are also getting more educated on Bells Palsy itself (even though because I am pregnant there is really no cure...just time...gotta wait it out!)
So. Unless it's to go hang out in the bathroom...I will be laying here watching tv until this child decides it's time. (Even though the rest is nice, it's gonna be hard to not do anything.)
Thanks mom and dad for the Golden Spoon (and the dinner to come...) and future thanks to my man slave...I will try not to be too demanding :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness!

I was thinking of you on Thursday and called. Maybe you were at the hospital? Its weird because you kept popping in my mind. So glad to hear everything is okay.

Can I come visit?

Mrs. Bucheli said...

Oh man. That's no fun at all.

I'd be down for an "Anne of Green Gables Bed Rest Extravaganza." :)

Although I'm sure you're up for company. I don't know if I would be.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh-I have never heard of that. I am so sorry!! Enjoy the rest! I actually enjoyed the first week because I watched the Friends series on DVD and read some great books. After baby comes you won't be able to kick back again, so enjoy it.

Best wishes!!