April 8, 2009

Madi Update

We are in early labor! Woohoo!! Contractions started at about 11:45 pm last night...so, I laid on the couch, just watching the clock. Every 10 minutes until 8am. So, I got up to take a bath and get ready for the day. We already had a normal doctor's appointment scheduled for this morning...very convenient! The contractions became 7-8 minutes apart and got pretty intense for a bit, starting in my back. SWEET, "real" labor! Steven came and picked me up and off we went. As of 11 am this morning I am 70% effaced and 1 cm dialated. She stripped my membranes, hoping it will help get things moving a long and not have to draw out this early labor process for too long. So, here we are, just waiting! It's truly only a matter of days at this point..which is better than it being 2 more weeks. Now we just wait for the contractions to be 5 minutes apart for about 2 hours. Back to clock watching...tick tock, tick tock! Perhaps my sister will have a birthday buddy...or a full moon baby (that's tomorrow.) We will keep y'all as updated as we can!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I am so excited! I can't wait to see pictures!!!! Woooo hooo. The finishing line is soooo close now.

Go momma go!

The Kobayashi's said...

I am so excited to see you and Steven become parents. You guys are going to be so awesome. Sad you can't make it, but so excited for you as well. Love ya!! Ranes

Ashley said...

Get ready for the ride of your lives!!!