April 1, 2009

Update

So yesterday at the doctor, I wasn't too convinced that everything was fine. I wasn't worried about it, but didn't feel 100% great. So, I called the doctor and left a msg. The one thing she said to me when I left was that if I got a headache...call asap. This morning I woke up at 4am, with a headache. Now, I am a headache getter, get them all the time. However, throughout my pregnancy I have maybe only had 1 or 2...lucky me! So, I laid in bed for an hour. Then my tummy was grumbling so loudly, I got up at 5. Ate some cereal. Played on my computer. Took a bath. I asked Steven to stay home from work until I found out if I could get in to see the doctor. At 8:30 this morning a nurse called and asked that I come in at 9:30. Perfect...I was afraid they wouldn't want to see me, and I just needed to make some peace with it all. So, off we went. My blood pressure was way down from yesterday...totally normal. And the pee was clean..clean pee, YAY! She sent me to the lab for some blood work, just in case. But, we are totally fine. Nothing to worry about! No preeclampsia, no reason to worry! Woohoo, relief! Now, I am going to take a nap :) I think the headache was caused by having too much fun at our girl dinner last night! Steven, thank you for being with me this morning. I needed you there. I love you! And mom, dad and Erica...thanks for brunch today. It was fun hanging out...even if the conversation turned a little inappropriate!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you look radiant for being over 8 months, "in the family way". It was very nice to gather for brunch. The family grows and things change, all for the better, you both married excellent men. Time motors by fast, seems very recent we were brunching at the Otis cafe.

What is so inappropriate about fake "duty" in the pool or on the pool deck of a high school swim meet on April fools day?

Dad

Ashley said...

I am SO glad you are okay. Those little things turn super scary when you're pregnant and it always helps to get everything checked out...just in case.

Love ya

Anonymous said...

Oh Man, how scary. I'm glad you and Madi are okay, we'll have to hold off on our girls dinners until after Madison arrives. Too much excitement for one day! Take care of yourself, and relax while you can!!